RULES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- The race will be run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers or the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, arising out of their participation in the race.
- Registered athletes must wear the current year’s license number at the front and back of their vests and, if issued with a race number, this must be worn on the front of vest, with both numbers being visible.
- Temporary licensed athletes must wear the temporary license at the back of their vests, with the race number at the front of their vests.
- All licensed athletes competing for category prizes must wear age category tags, clearly visible, on front and back of their vests. Proof of age for prize winners may be required and to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes could be withheld until ages have been confirmed.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear W tags on the front and back of their vests.
- No seconding will be allowed.
- International athletes will be required to provide a clearance letter from their Country of origin to the race referee, in the event of winning a prize.
- Wheelchair athletes will bewelcome.
- No roller blades, bicycles or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- No animals will be allowed to accompany athletes.
- No iPods or listening devices will be permitted to be used by athletes.
- Minimum ages:
10km – 14yrs, 21.1km – 16yrs, 42.2km – 20yrs
- Temporary licensed athletes will be eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible back and front of their vests.
- All traffic officers and officials instructions to be obeyed.
- No faxed entries will be accepted.
- Medical support will be present on race day.
- Water points will be available approximately every 3km.
- Walkers may enter for any event. The cut-off time stipulated will apply for both runners and walkers.
- Any participant in the 42.2 km event, who has not reached the 21.1 km/42.2 km split (approximately 20 km mark) in 2 hours 40 minutes, will not be permitted to proceed on the 42.2 km route. Any
athlete proceeding after the cut-off time will do so at their own risk, without medical assistance, water points and route Marshalls.
- Clubs are requested to bring their gazebos and trailers to the venue on 30 April between 10H00 and 16h00. Security will be provided. There will be a drop off zone for trailers available on 1 May and assistance will be provided to push the trailer from the drop off zone to the field.
- No vehicles will be permitted on the field on at any stage. Trailers must be pushed onto the field.
Helpers will be at hand to assist.
- Please arrive early to avoid congestion. Follow signs and obey instructions from marshalls along the routes.
- Due to the irrigation system, just below the surface of the rugby field, club gazebos will only be
allowed to be erected in the clearly demarcated area. Any club that erects a gazebo outside of the
demarcated area will be held liable for the damages they may cause.
- NO open fire braais will be allowed on the sports field – ONLY gas braais. Every gas braai in use
must be accompanied by a 4.5kg (or above) fire extinguisher.
- NO GLASS BOTTLES, GLASSES, etc. may be brought into the venue due to the nature of the sport
being practised there. Any party who transgresses may be fined R1000.
- Various spot prizes will be given away throughout the day. To qualify for a spot prize, you must be present at the venue when the draw is made.
- Entry fee, processing fee as well as additional purchases, are not refundable. (Under any circumstances, including if you should decide to downgrade to a lower distance, for whatever reason).
- Supervised kiddies entertainment area will be available at a minimal charge per child, aged between 3 to 10 years of age, from 05h30 up to 11h30, on 1 May 2018. (Use of the facilities is at own risk). Since the kiddies 1 km race will only start at 09h00, there should be time for parents to finish races up to 21 km and to collect their children from this entertainment area, to enable you to take part in the 1 km Kiddies race together with your children.
- Please do not discard water sachets / cups in gardens or drains. Please drop them in the bins provided or directly on the road.
- Toilets will be available at every water point.
- The venue must be evacuated by 15h00.
- Race results will be available on www.finishtime.co.za after the event.
For race enquiries, please contact Bert van den Raad on 076 594 8906 (between 8:00 and 18:00) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
No SMS messages or “Please Call Me’s” will be responded to.
Originally, only from 1 JANUARY 2018 until 15 APRIL 2018 at 24h00.
ONLINE ENTRIES WERE REOPENED AT 10h00 ON 18/4/2018 (DUE TO CAPS NOT YET BEING REACHED)!
HOWEVER, All ONLINE UPGRADES/DOWNGRADES/SUBSTITUTIONS/ENTRY EDITS AND T-SHIRT SALES REMAIN CLOSED!
Good news for all athletes who had intended to register to enter the 2018 Miway wally hayward Marathon but missed the deadline for online entries.
The race organisers have made a VERY LIMITED amount of entries available online again, since the entry caps have not yet been reached.
These limited entries will only be available until they are sold out. The Marathon only has 100 entries available, with slightly more for the half-marathon.
These limited available entries are very likely to be sold out before Friday, so, don’t delay –
– while entries are still available.
ONLY CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS via
will be accepted.
NO alternative payment method will be possible – i.e. DO NOT REQUEST BANK DETAILS FOR EFT PAYMENT!
- NO UPGRADES / DOWNGRADES or SUBSTITUTIONS can be done anymore!
- NO MORE T-SHIRT SALES WILL BE POSSIBLE ONLINE! (We obviously need time to make the T-shirts and to get them printed and delivered before 1 May 2018. However, a LIMITED supply of 2018 Wally race T-shirts will be available on sale at the Shop at the new race venue, at the Centurion Rugby Club, on 28 April, 29 April and 30 April 2018, from 10h00 to 16h00, as well as on race day from 04h15 – WHILE STOCKS LAST.).
or use the following QR Code, if you have the app.
You can collect your RACE NUMBER at the ONLINE ENTRIES tables at the new race venue, at the Centurion Rugby Club, on 28 April, 29 April and 30 April 2018, from 10h00 to 16h00, as well as on race day from 04h15.
You will receive an SMS with your race number prior to the event. Please follow the directions as to where your number should be collected.
Read more about the Charities and what they do and will be doing on race day on our CHARITIES Web page.